BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

AIDS Day Reflection


What are your reactions?

I felt very accomplished because some times I feel like I can't really do anything to help the issues of the world because I am just a child and sometimes people think that children can't do much for the world because they are young and they don't have much experience or knowledge about the issues of the world. I felt very good because I know that by participating in this event and informing others about aids day, I probably saved at least one life. I also feel pretty sad because it is very upsetting to know that I live a healthy happy life with an annoying little sister when some children miss out on their childhood because they have to become the replacement parents to their younger siblings. I also feel very angry that instead of most countries spending their money on the health, safety and education of their people, they spend it on weapons so that their country could go to war.
What did our actions mean to you / other students at ISKL / the world around us?
To me our actions were a way of standing up to the disease and helping people all over our school. This meant a lot to me because for once instead of sitting by and watching people help others on t.v., I had the chance do something myself and this made me feel special. What we did today meant the world to me because I spread awareness of AIDS and knowing that my little actions can have such a huge impact on so many people is just amazing.
What were your highlights from yesterday?
I really enjoyed the assembly because it really spoke to me and told me a lot of facts that I didn't know about AIDS. I also enjoyed working at the bake sale because a lot of people donated money even some of the high schoolers which made me feel glad for some reason. I was also very proud of myself because I learned a lot about AIDS and got people to donate money to the cause.
What will you remember about the day?
I will most likely remember all the new thing I learnt about AIDS and will probably teach my sister when I get home from school about every thing I learned. I will also remember all the fun I had selling things and yelling at people to go to the bake sale in the canteen or to go upstairs to Mrs. Psillides room. It was a really fun day.
What do you think GI students should do next year on World AIDS Day?
I think next year, they should maybe do a play about AIDS and how it impacts. Kind of like what Binti and the other kids did in the book, 'the heaven shop'. Or maybe they can just do a play of the heaven shop. I am completely willing to write the script because I have finished the book. I also think that people could from the audience could be players in the play.
What did you learn after taking part in an action project like this?
I learned that worldwide, millions of people die of AIDS everyday. I also learnt that there are many ways that I can prevent aids from killing more people by donating money to poorer countries so that they can have medicine for most of the AIDS victims. I also learnt that anyone can help stop AIDS. All you need is a little bit of faith.

0 comments: